New Roots Duo
Dan Schwartz and Ben Woolman
October 17, 2008
New Roots Duo is a unique combination of finger-style guitarists Ben Woolman and Dan Schwartz.
Based in the Twin Cities, both artists have successful solo careers performing throughout the country
but have now joined forces to write, record, and perform music as a duo. Together, exploring new
terrain and new instruments (acoustic baritone guitar, acoustic lap-steel guitar respectively), they
are creating the finest music of their careers. Currently, they are touring in support of their newly
released CD entitled, Roots Run Deep, an inspired collection described as, "Instrumental,
melody driven, roots based pop music."
* Between the two of them they have over 15 CDs and thousands of shows to their credit.
They have worked with a constellation of musical greats including Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis,
Billy McLaughlin, Dean Magraw, Peter Mayer, Tim Sparks and Pat Donohue.
* Both have written for and have been featured in several national/International guitar
magazines including: Guitar Player, Guitar Teacher, Acoustic Guitar, Fingerstyle Guitar and Chitarre.
* Both have been featured artists on the Internationally released Narada compilations:
Masters of Acoustic Guitar, Guitar Fingerstyle 1 and Guitar Fingerstyle 2.
* Their music can be heard around the world on various international radio outlets as
well as Minnesota and National Public Radio programming.
* Both are graduates of the University of Milwaukee / Wisconsin Conservatory of Music Guitar Program.
"Dan Schwartz and Ben Woolman (New Roots Duo) are two of the most phenomenal guitarists
I know. Their music combines their impeccable playing with interesting instrumentation
(acoustic lap steel guitar and acoustic baritone guitar) and compelling instrumental compositions.
Not just fans of guitar playing will be impressed and moved. Their music speaks to all of us."
- Justin Roth - singer/songwriter
"Dan Schwartz and Ben Woolman are among the best musicians ...
They're such accomplished players, and in addition, bring a deep sense of emotion
and artistry to their music. I have nothing but deep respect and admiration for these guys."
- Peter Mayer - singer/songwriter